OneSky’s Translation Management Platform now supports the iOS 11 App Store
Since iOS 11 was launched in September with a refreshed app store, we have been working hard to make sure that the OneSky platform can support all the relevant changes. We are excited to announce that the updates to our translation management platform has been completed, and you can continue to seamlessly localize your new app descriptions with OneSky!
What updates were included OneSky Platform (for iOS 11 app store)?
- The ‘Subtitle’ field is now available. You can enter up to 30 characters in this box. An example of a subtitle may be your app’s tagline.
- The ‘Promotional text’ field is now available. With a 170 characters limit, you may consider highlighting any special promotion in this field.
- The ‘App Name’ is now restricted to 30 characters. If your app’s name is longer than that, you may consider updating it.
Easily localize your app descriptions with us
1. First, login to our platform and search your app by keywords. Our system will then automatically import the app description. Alternatively, you can also manually input the app description that needs to be localized.
2. On the next page, you will then see the required fields that need be filled in. Here, you will find the new ‘Subtitle’ and ‘Promotional text’ fields!
Tips: Adding notes next to the field could facilitate communication with translators, and hence, enhance translation quality.
Don’t forget to localize your App Preview Too
The new iOS 11 app store enables you to localize app previews for the app store in all languages. Don’t miss out on this! App previews autoplay with muted audio when someone visits your product page. Make sure the first few seconds of the app previews are visually compelling and fully localized, so the viewers can relate to the app immediately. Having an app preview could greatly increase the visibility of your app in the app store and also conversion rate.
Interested in learning all major changes on iOS 11 related to localization? Check out our blog post – Going Global With iOS 11: WWDC 2017 Localization Updates.